Frequently Asked Questions
Read the questions/answers for AmigaOS 4, Linux, Mac OS X, MorphOS or Windows systems.
- Does the game run on AmigaOS 4.1? On Sam440ep units?
Game was tested successfully on AmigaOS 4.1 with an AmigaOne and a Sam440ep.
- When I run the game, a "grim reaper" is displayed immediately.
Please check that library called amigainput.library is available in LIBS:. Although this library is not used directly, the use of lowlevel.library depends on it, even if no joystick is plugged.
- It seems that some texts are not displayed.
Please check that fonts called DejaVu Sans.font and DejaVu Sans Bold.font are available in FONTS:.
- When I play, screen scrolling is jerky.
Please check that you don't have "Limpid Clock" installed on your computer. If yes, you should reduce its priority. Click on clock window, select "Project" menu then "Set task priority" item. Default value is "1". Set it to "-1". If scrolling is still jerky, quit this program.
If you launch game on AmigaOS 4.1, you should disable "Compositing mode". Click on "GUI" preference, then on "Options" item: disable "Compositing mode (3D acceleration required)".
- Can I run the Windows version of the game in the software "Wine" on Linux?
Yes. Performances are quite satisfying.
The game does not start. By running through the terminal, the message "error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" or "error while loading shared libraries: lib_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" is displayed.
You miss some packages needed for the proper execution of the game (SDL WxWidgets, ...). To install them, use the scripts "install_libs_ ..." provided. If that does not work, you need to manually install them: check the list of packages in the "read me first.pdf" file. If your distribution is 64-bit, try to install the emulation package (see below).
- The game does not start. By running through the terminal, the message "... wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ..." is displayed.
You use a 64-bit distribution but you have not installed the 32-bit emulator. You must install the IA-32 emulation package. You can, for example, on Ubuntu, install it using the following command: sudo apt-get install ia32-libs. However in some cases, 32-bit packages of wxWidgets (wxGTK and wxBase) are not available. In this case, you can run the game (Game) but you will not have access to the start menu (WordMeUpXXL_Demo) and the customization Tool (prefs).
- When I start the game, the program is stopped and when I look at the error log, the error message "Unknown load command 0x80000022 required" is displayed.
The game runs on computers based on Intel 64-bit. You probably try to run it from OS X 10.5 or older. The game only works from version 10.6 ("Snow Leopard").
- When I start the game, it is not run.
If you use OS X version 10.8 ("Lion Mountain") or newer, make sure that you have allowed the game to start. The game is not actually signed. You can find more information on the Apple site.
- When I launch the game, an error message is displayed, telling me that the software requires X11.
This message appears only on versions of OS X 10.8 ("Lion Mountain") or newer. Until this version, XQuartz was included in OS X and allowed to run X11-like software. This is no longer the case. You must install XQuarz and then restart your computer before you can run the game
- Does the game run on MorphOS 2.0? On Efika units?
Game was tested successfully onMorphOS 2.0 on Pegasos (1, 2), Efika and Mac Mini PPC.
- The game is displayed correctly until the gaming really starts. Display is then very weird. Everything is then ok when you're back to the main menu.
It's due to the driver of your graphics/video card. Try to update it if possible. If the problem remains, you won't be able to play the game.
- The game seems to be displayed properly but the behavior of the game is weird. For example, if I select a character, I finally select the next or previous one. Moreover, on the first level, I see a magnifying glass but nothing else.
This is a problem with the driver on your graphics/video card. Update the driver for your card if possible. If this does not solve the display problem, you can play the game but this bizarre behavior will continue on the menus.
- When the game is launched, The number 0 is displayed on the screen.
It seems that you've modified the default installation folder. In this case, it must be ended by a "backslash" (\). For example, C:\Temp\ is right but C:\Temp isn't. Uninstall the game and install it again by following this advice.
Back to the page of the game
Word Me Up XXL © 2007-2013 Boing Attitude :)
Illustration © 2006 Aïto